This is my mission blog
It isn't very long
I thought I might write a haiku but I don't know how.
New blog for the mission, lovers. I won't be keeping it myself, but I will be writing a post nearly every week and having a friend/family member update it for me. This way those of you who aren't on my super-cool exclusive V.I.P. mailing list can still hear about my mission. If you want.
I can't promise free food (which is what draws you Utah-Valley-ers to all church things, don't lie to me, guys) but I can promise a good time.
I can promise a decent time.
Okay. I can promise an okay time with some good anecdotes.
But wait, there's more!
I can promise you the Spirit, I think. I will try.
Deets: I leave in 15 days for the Guatemala City MTC. I will be serving a full-time mission (18 months) for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, which I love very much and think is pretty awesome and you should check it out if you like eternal joy and stuff. I will be proselyting (going door to door like a salesman, but with something AMAZING to share. Not a vacuum. Or bug-bombs), teaching, doing community service, and helping out with the ward or branch (local church group) in the area. In addition to these things, I will be falling in love with the people (who I've heard are incredible), the food, and the country. I will be missing my dog and praying my knees off.
Heck, this blog could be called Eat, Pray, Love.
It was too easy, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'll show myself out.
Just kidding, this is my blog, so YOU show YOURSELF out.
I mean, I love you! Come back!
If you want to see exactly what I, Tabitha Lynn Brower, believe, you can read about Me + Happiness = 4EVER here. I know people are wary of the church, and institutionalized religion in general, and things they don't understand, and I get it. But come check it out! The best way to understand something is...to try...to understand it. Get to know my religion and its people and see for yourself how life-changing it can be. It may just be worth your while.
And if not, you should still totally stop by because I plan to have some amazing stories for you guys: stories of redemption, stories of courage, stories that will make your heart grow three sizes and restore your faith in humanity. I also plan to have funny stories and HEY UTAH VALLEY, I will try to get you guys some free food. I know how you like it.
I'll probably post again before I leave on my mission, but if I don't, I want you guys to know one thing, two things, okay, a few things.
1. I love you.
2. God loves you.
3. I can promise you that. Even if I am a 19-year-old smart-aleck.
4. It's worth it. All of it.
5. Just kidding, I can totally write haiku.
My bones saw that joy
is an endless condition
That we are sublime.
Love,
Hermana Brower
P.S. If you do want to be on my super-cool exclusive V.I.P. mailing list, just e-mail me at tabitha.brower@gmail.com before August 5, or at tabitha.brower@myldsmail.net after August 5.
It isn't very long
I thought I might write a haiku but I don't know how.
New blog for the mission, lovers. I won't be keeping it myself, but I will be writing a post nearly every week and having a friend/family member update it for me. This way those of you who aren't on my super-cool exclusive V.I.P. mailing list can still hear about my mission. If you want.
I can't promise free food (which is what draws you Utah-Valley-ers to all church things, don't lie to me, guys) but I can promise a good time.
I can promise a decent time.
Okay. I can promise an okay time with some good anecdotes.
But wait, there's more!
I can promise you the Spirit, I think. I will try.
Deets: I leave in 15 days for the Guatemala City MTC. I will be serving a full-time mission (18 months) for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, which I love very much and think is pretty awesome and you should check it out if you like eternal joy and stuff. I will be proselyting (going door to door like a salesman, but with something AMAZING to share. Not a vacuum. Or bug-bombs), teaching, doing community service, and helping out with the ward or branch (local church group) in the area. In addition to these things, I will be falling in love with the people (who I've heard are incredible), the food, and the country. I will be missing my dog and praying my knees off.
Heck, this blog could be called Eat, Pray, Love.
It was too easy, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'll show myself out.
Just kidding, this is my blog, so YOU show YOURSELF out.
I mean, I love you! Come back!
If you want to see exactly what I, Tabitha Lynn Brower, believe, you can read about Me + Happiness = 4EVER here. I know people are wary of the church, and institutionalized religion in general, and things they don't understand, and I get it. But come check it out! The best way to understand something is...to try...to understand it. Get to know my religion and its people and see for yourself how life-changing it can be. It may just be worth your while.
And if not, you should still totally stop by because I plan to have some amazing stories for you guys: stories of redemption, stories of courage, stories that will make your heart grow three sizes and restore your faith in humanity. I also plan to have funny stories and HEY UTAH VALLEY, I will try to get you guys some free food. I know how you like it.
I'll probably post again before I leave on my mission, but if I don't, I want you guys to know one thing, two things, okay, a few things.
1. I love you.
2. God loves you.
3. I can promise you that. Even if I am a 19-year-old smart-aleck.
4. It's worth it. All of it.
5. Just kidding, I can totally write haiku.
My bones saw that joy
is an endless condition
That we are sublime.
Love,
Hermana Brower
P.S. If you do want to be on my super-cool exclusive V.I.P. mailing list, just e-mail me at tabitha.brower@gmail.com before August 5, or at tabitha.brower@myldsmail.net after August 5.

No comments:
Post a Comment