Hi
loooves.
Hermana
Brower here, reporting from the field!
I'm in
Amatitlan, this gorgey city that's not in the mountains, according to my
fantastic trainer, but looks like it is so I'll take what I can get. My area is
ROCKING. Can I never leave it? K thanks. The ward here is too good for words,
the members are amazing, our investigators are amazing, and I love it. I'm in a
companionship with one of my best friends from the MTC, Hermana
Weatherford, and we have a stellar, sweet, hilarious trainer, Hermana
Garcia, who's in her last month here. We walk faaast and teach
lots. Mornings are still obscenely hard but I love the work.
This is going
to be THE most discombobulated e-mail of your vidas, but here goes.
Before I
get distracted, Ephesians 4. Rocking.
Here
goooes.
Sometimes
you're flipping through your journal and you read the sentence, "Talked
with Jesus in the streets a few times today, I seriously love him so
much." (Alright, so it wasn't Jesus Lord and Savior, but the sweetest
older guy who has gone to church twice and loves it, and is just THE SWEETEST.)
Sometimes
you can't speak Spanish, but you can't speak English properly anymore
either and start saying things like, "Oh, yeah, that has sense."
(Spanish, Y U ruining my English???) Sometimes the youth here are ADORABLE and
I probably need to adopt each and every one of them? I'm pretty resourceful,
I'll figure it out.
Sometimes
I use sometimes incorrectly, but most importantly, SOMETIMES WE HAVE BAPTISMS!
Anthony is
8 and too cute for words, and Mynor is 15 and sassy and hilarious and they will
be the first I adopt. They are both such great boys and their baptisms were
amazing. Mynor was just grinning ear to ear, and Anthony was sobbing. It was
actually kind of the cutest thing ever, but saddest. He's so, I don't know how
to say it, but special, he really is. Just a special little guy who's going to
grow up and do something great with his life.
It's been
a crazy past couple of weeks, but bit by bit it's getting better and better and
I really am loving the work so much. And we usually get up at 5:30 so on
P-Days, when we get to sleep til 6:30 - well, glory glory hallelujah.
ALSO we went
about an hour and a half into Guate (the locals call the capital Guate, and
every time, I'm just like, wait, he went to Guate? We're IN Guate!) to the
temple for...a sealing for a family our trainer baptized five
months into her mission, her first baptism! It was amazing, and between
that and the baptisms...it was just like, that's why I'm here. I love my family
so much and am so grateful to know I can be with them forever, and I want other
people to know that and be with their families forever, too. I literally feel
so, so, so stinking blessed to be here.
Sorry for
the shortness, but know I love you all so much and I am so grateful for your
support and your goodness and I hope you all have a groovy week!
If that
has sense.
Con amor,
Hermana
Tabitha Brower
No comments:
Post a Comment