Hey beauts!
Well, got to be a little crafty this P-Day, which was nice. I don't know if I've been able to do anything remotely creative for the last six months. So that's why the pictures.
Not sure what to say - we're just chuggin along here in Antigua! Beautiful as always. The work's slowing down a little bit - aka we had a whole zero investigators come to church this Sunday, which was fun, but in other ways we've got some really incredible investigators that I just love, who are gonna take the leap of faith and get on that whole showing their faith by their works thing. So we're comin' along.
AY, THIS. There's four sisters in the Antigua house, and on Sunday the other companionship had emergency transfers. And guess who my new housemate is??? Hermana Brewster! As in my CCM companion. It's such a blessing, honestly. Also a little strange, because out of the four of us in the house, three of us - Hermana Brewster, Hermana Johnson, and I - entered together, and my companion, Hermana Navarro, only two weeks before us. Hermana Navarro only has 6 months, and the rest of us 5 and a half - we're such babies in the mission. It's like living in Primary. #juventuddeisrael
Have really given cuenta this week of how important it is to remember Christ in everything we do...and how little we actually do it. Therefore, my new motto is: "Oh remember, remember." (But then I just get thinking about Guy Fawkes' Day and V for Vendetta: "Oh remember, remember the fifth of November.")
Am trying to be a more effective teacher, filled with more love and more understanding, because I feel like these last couple of months I have been less than my best - trying my best, still, but not being the teacher I need to be to truly represent Christ. Because was He the best teacher ever or was He the best teacher ever? Maybe just the best teacher ever.
Y por eso I love these quotes:
"The Savior knew who they were and what they could become. He loved them. He repaired Himself. He asked questions. He invited them to testify. He taught with stories and parables. He trusted them. He invited them to act in faith. He was their example and mentor."
I am really trying to apply this, because as another quote goes: "You are not called to serve in a place. You are called to serve in place of the Savior." (#NOPRESSURE)
And I love me some Alma from the Book of Mormon - helpin me ouuuut, that prophet is. "As many as would hear his word he did teach. He did preach unto them repentance, and redemption, and faith on the Lord. And it came to pass that he said unto them: What have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord as a witness before him that you will serve him?" Makes himself pretty clear, doesn't he? Love.
This year, I am really trying to get to know my Savior so well that when I talk of Him, think of Him, take the emblems of His sacrifice (hellooo sacrament), I weep for Him, am grateful for Him, am filled with love for Him just as I would if I were talking about, thinking about, or remembering my earthly brother.
Love you all. The church is true and I am so grateful the people I love can have this relationship with the Savior and are receiving all the blessings He has to give. Thank you all for your support and love and know that I love you love you love you all!
I just want to close with this: First of all, read President Uchtdorf's talk: "Come, Join With Us!" #justdoit
Second of all, remember when he quoted The Great Gatsby in Priesthood session of General Conference? #FITZGERALDFORTHEWIN
Love,
Hermana Brower





No comments:
Post a Comment