Let's play catchup: Disfruten. Photos for DAYZ.
1. These are my boys: Dario, Derwin, Marcos, and Marvin. I'm
literally adopting all of them and bringin' 'em home - break out the
guest room, Grams!
Just tried to send a video of them rapping "Soy
un Hijo de Dios" and failed miserably, but just know that it is my
favorite thing ever in the history of all my twenty years.
2.Antigua is disgustingly beautiful. Have I mentioned?
3. This is, quote unquote, "un limon REAL". All yo' lemons are just posers, ya'll.
4. My favorite baptism in the history of all
baptisms ever. Except maybe that of Christ's. That was a kind of
important one. But this is Mauricio. He's been married to Eva, a return
missionary, for more than a year, has been going to church for even
longer than that, but never felt like he received an answer if Joseph
Smith was a prophet. Long story short, he had an interview with our
district leader, figured out what was impeding him from getting an
answer, fixed it, got it, got baptized, and they're already planning
their temple date. And guess who's gonna be there to see them get
married for TIME AND ALL ETERNITY??? This moi.
Also it is due to Eva and Mauricio that I'm engordandome in Antigua - they feed us every. stinking. time. we go there.
5. Mandatory shot of Calle Arca. Antigua's gorgeous. Have I mentioned once or twice?
6. This is Antigua for ya: Lots of colors and the
mandatory TukTuk. (Whose drivers always try to charge us at least 10
Quetzales more than everyone else. I always get a sick sense of pleasure
out of being all, "Really? Thirty Qs? That's interesting because they
always charge 10." I'm all, "NOT SO GRINGA ANYMORE, BUDDDAY.") (#youvebeeninguatetoolongwhen. ..)
7. We are the Charlie's Angels of Antigua. #nosepreocupe #wegotitcovered
Also
there was a three-mission conference yesterday and Elder Cook came and
it was literally thebesthingofmyentirelife. I had piel de gallina the
whole time. Also his wife is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my
life. Cuter than...than puppies. In a wicker basket on a beach cruiser bicycle. With a baby and maybe some kittens.
Also I have a new companion, Hermana Navarro!
Hermana Satterthwaite didn't go far - still in my district, as a matter
of fact. It's a wee bit chilero because Hermana Navarro and I have the
same mission mama - Hermana Coleman. And we both use the same phrases
that we learned from her. It's a good time. And she's tiny and laughs like this: "Aha ha ha ahee hee hee!" It's possibly my favorite thing about her.
I love you cool cats so darn much.
I'm
assuming you've already read the Conference Liahona from November, but I
just got it and am dying. So if you haven't read and studied and reread
and restudied it, jump on dat cool train! It's the best. It's literally so cool, guys, that God is talking to us today
through a prophet - exactly as he did in the past. #nuncacambia. Also
you should study Mosiah 15 - best ever.
Keep the eternal
picture, loves - this gospel is huge, it's true, and it is disgustingly
beautiful. Study your little hearts out, seek out every opportunity to
learn and grow your testimony, because you're going to find a peace that
will tell you that God's got a great big plan for each one of us and
that He loves us very much indeed - so much that He sent His Son to die
for us and He has restored the true church of Christ, the same one
Christ established when He came to earth. It's here, guys. Ask God if it
is because I promise you I promise you I promise you that if you have
true intent - o sea, if you are willing to follow the steps of Christ -
he will give you a peace in your heart and in your mind that will tell
you alllll of this is true. Every last bit of it.
Love you more than I love my new adopted hijos. PSYYYYYCH, that's impossible. But I love you all equally.
Love,
Hermana Brower







No comments:
Post a Comment