I knew this day was coming...
THE COAST.
My new area is El Bilbao, in Santa Lucia. In the coast. Aka I be sweatin alllll the time. The metal part of my nametag actually started to rust off onto my chest in the river of sweat I had going on the other day.
My new area is El Bilbao, in Santa Lucia. In the coast. Aka I be sweatin alllll the time. The metal part of my nametag actually started to rust off onto my chest in the river of sweat I had going on the other day.
So. much. sweat.
All. the. time.
Or in pocas palabras: Hellloooo pubescent acne. Bienvenido to my face.
BUT.
Guess what?
It's the coast, right? It's hot. As hot as that place that now I reaaaally don't want to go to. (Give you a pista: Satan lives there.) There's lots of bugs. They love me. I was informed that this is because my blood smells of hamburgers and pizza. And I couldn't really defend myself because we had just eaten McDonald's. There's cucarachas.
But I got a
Biiiiiiig secret:
(I love it. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh.)
1. The first picture is of my new companion, Hermana Martinez, and I. (And may I just say that ya'll are BLESSED to know someone as beautiful as I am?) She's a real cool cat. I kinda like her a lot.
2. On my last P-Day in Antigua, we went to Luna de Miel and pigged out on crepes. And Pris and I got CHOCOSMOOTHIES. It's a big deal, folks. This is Hna. Navarro and Marvin.
3. This is my soul sister and I.
4. This is my other soul sister and I.
5. Cutest girls in Antigua!
6. Sorry, these lips are sooooo sealed.
I love you cool cats. Enjoy your air conditioning for me. Imma be serving the Lord with all my HEART, MIND, STRENGTH, and SOUL.
And I've got some homework for ya'll:
We've been studying a LOT about the Book of Mormon recently. Because it's true. And it's "keystone of our religion". A keystone is the stone that holds an arch together. Without the keystone, the arch falls.
So WHAT does it mean that the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion? Meaning if it's not true, all the rest is a pack of lies or tonterias, too. But if it's true, and guess what, buddy? It's true.
It means that everything else is true.
You think it's worth finding out that it's true? As the famed philosophist Hermana Brewster once said, "YEAHHHHH BUDDY!"
So: I have some assignments: And like every good missionary, I'm going to VERIFY in 2 weeks.
1. If you haven't read the Book of Mormon in the last year (April 2013-April 2014): LEALO. Especially those of you who've never read it. (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. XXX) Even if, especially if, you're not a member of this church, or don't go to it, or whatever. LEALO. (I'd tell you to Google Translate it, but I'm pretty sure you get the picture without it.)
2. Follow the invitation in Moroni 10:3-5, on the last page, the same invitation that is made in the last two paragraphs of the introduction:
PRAY ABOUT IT.
Even if it's a prayer like this: "Hey, God, if you exist, would you please let me know if the Book of Mormon is true? In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
Guess what? God's gonna be jumpin out of His seat to answer you.
Because if it's a lie, do you think He wants you to believe a pack of lies? PARA NADA.
And if it's true, do you think He wants you to know so you can know this is the true church so you can keep His commandments so you can be happy because in the Book of Mormon itself it says "Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have JOY." (2 Nephi 2:25)?
YEAH BUDDY.
As an authorized servant and representative of the Lord Jesus Christ, I testify that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.
As Tabitha Brower, I testify that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.
I testify that it will bring you peace. I testify that it will bring you joy. Through the Book of Mormon, you will come to know that Joseph Smith was not a liar or a crazy - he was a man, called of God to be a prophet. Through this knowledge, you will come to know that this church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is the only true church.
A church that doesn't just talk of Christ, but where He talks through His living prophet. And I know that this knowledge will give you the faith to do WHATEVER YOU NEED TO DO to follow Him. To obey Him. To receive His blessings.
I know it.
I always had a LOT of doubts about whether God existed, if religion was important, if this church was the true one or if there even was one, if Joseph Smith was telling the truth, if ALL of it was a pack of lies or not.
But as I have read the Book of Mormon, I have felt something that no person can put in my heart. I have felt peace. I have felt warmth. I have felt purpose. I have felt HIS love. I know that HE EXISTS. I know that THIS IS HIS CHURCH. I know that HE directs it. I know that HE loves you. I know that HE wants you to know that.
I invite you to put aside your doubts for just a minute. Read it, wanting to know if it is true. Wanting to know if He loves you. Wanting to know if this is His church. Wanting to know if you should join it. Wanting to know what He wants for you.
You'll know.
Will you do it?
You have 2 weeks to get your hands on a copy, or if you've already got one, get on it! Once you've started reading, get back to me.
This is your mission, should you choose to accept it.
Do you accept it?
I want every single one of you to write me back and let me know.
It can't hurt. It can only bless you with a knowledge of the truth.
Because as missionaries, we're not here to convince. We're here to let God do the talking. To let him CONVERT you.
I love you.
That's why I'm sharing this with you.
That's why I'm sharing this with you.
In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.






No comments:
Post a Comment